Soft, rich cookies, loaded with shredded coconut!
- 6 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 3/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix the cream cheese and butter together on medium speed until combined and smooth. Add in both sugars and mix for an additional minute.
- Add vanilla, salt, and baking soda and continue mixing until smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Turn the mixer to low and mix in the flour until just combined. Finally add in the coconut, until evenly distributed without over mixing.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, Drop the cookie dough onto the prepared cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the cookies are golden at the edges and just set on top. Don’t over bake.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 3-4 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Store airtight for up to 3 days.
You can also add 1/2 teaspoon of coconut extract if you would like to amp up the coconut flavor.
The cookies might appear to not spread or be “tall” when you remove them from the oven. As they cool, they will relax and become a more “normal” height.
Keywords:: coconut cookie recipe, coconut dessert, baking with cream cheese, easy cookie recipe