Coconut Cream Cheese Cookies are soft, rich and packed with coconut. These are such a delicious cookie, perfect for the coconut lover in your life!
Let me preface this post with the fact that I have been living quite the coconut moment lately. I don’t know if it’s the spring that makes me pull it out (dunno, makes no sense) or the fact that I am fully on Team Coconut (always and forever), but I have been living that coconut life lately. I made these Ridiculous Coconut Stuffed Brownies, these Treasure Cookies, and these Coconut Lime Cheesecake Bars all within the last month…which is quite a bold move when it comes to an ingredient that people either seem to love or hate. Like, I am automatically alienating about half of you from the recipe name alone. Probably not good business.
But I can’t help it, I love it.
AND I will tell you, if you aren’t onboard with coconut, these are probably not the cookies for you. And for anyone who asks if you can omit the coconut, well…I guess you can, but they will be an entirely different cookie, so proceed at your own risk.
But if you are still here with me, I assume you are also aboard the coconut train, which means you’re my people. Let’s make some cookies!
The dough is very, very simple. And, I will say this…if you aren’t a cream cheese person, it’s cool…you don’t actually TASTE the cream cheese in these. It just adds richness and helps with the soft texture.
You could even add some mini chocolate chips to these too…but I really like the simplicity of the buttery, rich flavor without chocolate in these. Gasp, I know.
Don’t over-bake these…the bottoms with get golden brown, and that’s when they’re done. They might even seem a little “tall” when you take them out of the oven, like they didn’t really spread…that’s ok. As they cool, they settle and all will be fine. Promise.
The crisp bottom, the soft top, the richness of the butter and coconut…total perfection.Print
Soft, rich cookies, loaded with shredded coconut!
- 6 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 3/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix the cream cheese and butter together on medium speed until combined and smooth. Add in both sugars and mix for an additional minute.
- Add vanilla, salt, and baking soda and continue mixing until smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Turn the mixer to low and mix in the flour until just combined. Finally add in the coconut, until evenly distributed without over mixing.
- Using a medium (2- tablespoon) sized cookie scoop, Drop the cookie dough onto the prepared cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the cookies are golden at the edges and just set on top. Don’t over bake.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 3-4 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Store airtight for up to 3 days.
You can also add 1/2 teaspoon of coconut extract if you would like to amp up the coconut flavor.
The cookies might appear to not spread or be “tall” when you remove them from the oven. As they cool, they will relax and become a more “normal” height.
Keywords:: coconut cookie recipe, coconut dessert, baking with cream cheese, easy cookie recipe