Treasure Cookies are an ext level chocolate chip cookie. They are sweetened perfectly with sweetened condensed milk (YES), have browned butter AND graham cracker crumbs, plus the perfect amount of coconut that even coconut haters will still love them. That’s a lot of hype, but they totally deliver!
Is it possible to get bored of a classic? Or isn’t that the whole point of a classic, is that you won’t get bored of it? I mean Pretty Woman is a classic movie in my mind and I am fairly sure there will never be a day when I am sick of watching it. Never ever.
My point is, you might see just another chocolate chip cookie picture up there and be like oh…she do that all the dang time. Old Pony, old trick..or whatever they say. I mean I do have quite the selection of chocolate chip cookie recipes here on my site. Not sorry about it either.
BUT y’all these are different. Ish. Different-ish.
Sure, you get a super soft gooey cookie, which is always a win. BUT there is sweetened condensed milk AND browned butter involved. For the love.
And graham cracker crumbs AND coconut. Dude, they don’t sound so usual now, do they?
The only thing is they aren’t the prettiest cookie out there. Like Julia at the beginning of Pretty Woman…a little rough around the edges. Only in this case there is no make-over montage.
I have no idea what I am saying right now. I’ve basically called these cookies prostitutes. And also encouraged you to make and eat them.
Like I said these are so easy!! Just whisk together graham cracker crumbs, flour, baking powder and salt…
Mix in all the ingredients. Browned Butter, Sweetened Condensed Milk…No eggs in this one!
But there is coconut…
And of course chocolate chips. Oh, and if you want you could add in nuts or toffee chips too. Up to you!
Do NOT over bake these guys…take them out when the edges get lightly golden brown.
They may not be the prettiest cookies, but they are totally gooey and soft and delicious!
They are sweet and delicious! And perfect in milk!
This recipe was original published in 2014, but I thought the images needed a little updating. The recipe remains the same, and they are PERFECT!Print
TREASURE COOKIES are an elevated chocolate chip cookie recipe with sweetened condensed milk, browned butter, graham cracker crumbs & coconut! A must try!!
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and browned
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 (14- ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/4 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a small saucepan melt 1/2 cup butter oven medium-low heat. Continue cooking once melted until butter begins to brown, swirling the pan constantly so butter doesn’t burn. Once butter becomes golden brown remove from heat and allow to cool slightly (about 10 or so minutes)
- In a medium bowl whisk graham cracker crumbs, flour, baking powder, and salt together. Set aside.
- In bowl of stand mixer beat together sweetened condensed milk and slightly cooled browned butter until combined. Add in graham cracker mixture until combined.
- Add in coconut and mix until combined. Finally stir in chocolate chips.
- Using a 2 tablespoon sized cookie scoop, scoop dough onto prepared sheet 2 inches apart and bake for 8-9 minutes until edges are slightly golden.
- Remove from oven and allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 3-4 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
I like to make these cookies with a large cookie scoop (3 tablespoon) on occasion. If you prefer a larger cookie, bake for 9-10 minutes.
Store airtight for up to 3 days
Keywords: chocolate chip cookie recipe, best chocolate chip cookies, fancy cookie, best cookie recipe