Soft and moist Confetti Cupcakes are the ultimate party cupcake!
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 cup sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/175°C
- Line 2 muffins pans with cupcake liners. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment on low speed stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add the butter and mix on medium speed until the mixture is crumbly and resembles coarse sand, 3 minutes.
- In a medium bowl combine half of the milk and the vanilla.
- In another bowl whisk together the egg whites and remaining milk.
- With the mixer on medium-low speed slowly add the milk/vanilla mixture and beat for 5 minutes, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary. Add the egg white mixture and beat the mixture for an additional minute.
- Stir in the sprinkles and fill your liners 2/3 full.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes until the centers are set.
- Transfer the cupcakes to a wire rack and allow them to cool completely before frosting.
Frost with Vanilla Buttercream
Keywords: cookies and cups, confetti cupcakes, cupcake recipe, funfetti cupcakes