These Confetti Cupcakes are soft, packed with vanilla flavor and perfect for any party!
Oh today’s recipe is a fun one…
Everyone loves a Confetti Cupcake! It’s the homemade version of the popular Funfetti cupcake that we all grew up with…and still eat on the regular!
The cover alone. I die.
Ever since she announced she was writing a book I have been so excited to get it in my sticky hands. And I will tell you, it does NOT disappoint. It’s a book filled with amazing pictures, sweet treats and a little peek into Rosie’s life. Can I move in?
Of course her book is filled with mile mile-high layer cakes, sweet cookies and decorating how-tos. But I thought you guys would appreciate a sweet, gorgeous cupcake that bakes up like perfection!
The recipe is simple, there are just a few different techniques that Rosie uses, which produces a light and fluffy cupcake that even my husband went crazy for!
Rosie also recommends using using Quin Sprinkles instead of Jimmies, for the sole reason that they don’t bleed in the batter… not that there’s anything wrong with pretty ribbons of color throughout your batter. But I have to agree… the quins are just too cute!
I used my recipe for Buttercream on these beauties, which I like the most most!
And sprinkle heavily. Always.
I am in love with this book, if you can’t tell. If you are a baker, or just love to look at gorgeous cakes this is one book you need in your collection!Print
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 cup sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/175°C
- Line 2 muffins pans with cupcake liners. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment on low speed stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add the butter and mix on medium speed until the mixture is crumbly and resembles coarse sand, 3 minutes.
- In a medium bowl combine half of the milk and the vanilla.
- In another bowl whisk together the egg whites and remaining milk.
- With the mixer on medium-low speed slowly add the milk/vanilla mixture and beat for 5 minutes, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary. Add the egg white mixture and beat the mixture for an additional minute.
- Stir in the sprinkles and fill your liners 2/3 full.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes until the centers are set.
- Transfer the cupcakes to a wire rack and allow them to cool completely before frosting.
Frost with Vanilla Buttercream
Want To Save This Recipe?
Looking for other cupcake ideas? Check out My Favorite Vanilla Cupcakes…