Fudgy brownies topped with cookie dough and chocolate ganache. When you can’t decide on a brownie or a cookie!
- 1 cup butter
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
Cookie Dough Filling:
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable shortening
- Brownies: Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9×13 baking pan with parchment paper and coat with nonstick spray. Set aside. *You can omit the parchment paper, but I like to use it, as it makes the brownies easy to remove from the pan to cut.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Add in the cocoa powder and stir until smooth. Remove pan from the heat.
- Add in the sugar, salt, baking powder, eggs, and vanilla and using a rubber spatula mix until smooth, about 50 strokes.
- Stir in the flour until incorporated, and then stir in the chocolate chips until combined.
- Spread batter into pan and bake for 20- 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted 2- inches from the edge comes out clean.
- Allow the brownies to cool completely before moving on to the next step.
- Cookie Dough: In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix the butter, light brown sugar, granulated sugar, and salt together on medium speed for 2 minutes. Add in the milk and vanilla and mix until smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Turn the mixer to low and add in the flour, mixing until just incorporated. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spread the cookie dough in an even layer on top of cooled brownies. Place the pan in the refrigerator for 15 minutes to chill before adding the chocolate topping.
- Chocolate Topping: Melt the chocolate chips and shortening in microwave for 1 minute, remove and stir. Continue in 20 second intervals until the chocolate is completely melted and smooth.
- Remove the brownies from the refrigerator and using an off-set spatula or knife, spread the chocolate on top of the cookie dough layer and place back in the refrigerator for 15 – 20 minutes, or until the chocolate is set.
- When the chocolate is set you can cut the brownies into bars.
Store airtight at room temperature for up to 2 days or airtight in the refrigerator for 5 days.
Keywords:: cookies and cups, cookie dough, brownies, brownies recipe, raw cookie dough