These thick chocolate sprinkle cookies are STUFFED with M&M Sugar Cookie Dough!! The ULTIMATE party cookie recipe!
Cookie Dough Filling
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup mini M&Ms
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup rainbow sprinkles (jimmies)
Cookie Dough Filling
- Using you hand or a stand mixer mix together the butter, sugar, and vanilla until combined.
- Mix in the flour until incorporated.
- Stir in the M&Ms until evenly incorporated.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix together the cocoa powder, sugar, and vegetable oil on medium speed until combined.
- Add in the eggs, vanilla, baking powder, and salt, mixing until smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Turn the mixer to low and add in the flour until just combined.
- Refrigerate dough for at least 2 hours.
Assembly and Baking
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Remove the M&M cookie dough from the refrigerator and portion out tablespoon-sized amounts of dough and roll into 16 equal balls.
- Remove the chocolate cookie dough from the refrigerator and using a medium-sized cookie scoop, portion out the dough. Divide each portion in half creating 2 small round discs of dough. Place a ball of the M&M dough inside 2 discs of chocolate dough, forming it around the M&M dough, sealing it in, creating balls.
- Roll each chocolate cookie dough ball completely in sprinkles.
- Place each ball of dough onto the prepared baking sheet, 3- inches apart.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes, until the cookies are set.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Store airtight for up to 3 days.
Note – you can assemble the cookies prior to chilling, and chill them in ball form. The dough will be a little harder to handle this way, but it is an option.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 248
- Sugar: 18 g
- Sodium: 85.7 mg
- Fat: 12.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 31.8 g
- Protein: 3.1 g
- Cholesterol: 39 mg
Keywords: cookies and cups, cookie recipe, stuffed cookies, chocolate cookies, sprinkle cookies, cookie dough, M&Ms