This Cotton Candy Meringues Recipe is perfect for every sweet tooth! These colorful treats are so cute, simple, and couldn’t be easier to make with just 4 ingredients!
- 2 egg whites
- Pinch of Cream of Tartar
- 1/2 cup superfine sugar
- Duncan Hines Cotton Candy Flavor Packet
- Preheat oven to 170°
- Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper. Fit a large piping bag with a star tip.
- Place the egg whites in a “spotlessly” clean mixing bowl and whip them with an electric mixer on medium speed until frothy.
- Stop the mixer and add cream of tartar. Start mixer again and continue to beat the egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Increase speed to high and gradually add in sugar *this is where I added the flavor packet as well
- Beat egg whites until they are shiny and hold stiff peaks but are not dry or crumbly, about 7 minutes.
- Make sure the sugar is dissolved by rubbing a tiny bit of meringue between fingers. If you feel granules of sugar continue to beat until all sugar has dissolved.
- Spoon the meringue into the piping bag and pipe onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake the meringues for 90 minutes turning them halfway through baking.
- When meringues are done, turn off oven and let them stand for several hours or overnight. The meringues should be hard and dry to touch and you should be able to easily lift them from parchment.
Recipe from Sprinkle Bakes
The only adaptation I made to Heather’s recipe was the addition of the flavor packet.
Keywords:: how to make meringues, meringues recipe, easy dessert recipe, simple dessert recipe, simple dessert, easy dessert for party, easy dessert recipe few ingredients