These are similar to the popular Cranberry Bliss Bars from Starbucks, but I added pistachios, which makes them festive and gives a salty/sweet crunch!
- 3/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pistachios
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 (8- ounce) block cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips, melted
- chopped dried cranberries for garnish
- chopped pistachios for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9×13 baking pan with parchment paper or foil and coat with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix the butter and brown sugar together on medium speed for 2 minutes. Add in the eggs, vanilla, baking powder, and salt and mix for another minute until smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Turn mixer to low and add in the flour and mix until just combined. Stir in the cranberries, pistachios, and white chips until evenly incorporated.
- Spread the mixture into the prepared pan and bake for 18-20 minutes, until the center is just set. Don’t over-bake.
- Allow the bars to cool completely in the pan before frosting.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix the cream cheese and powdered sugar together until smooth. Spread evenly on the bars.
- Sprinkle with extra dried cranberries and pistachios if desired and drizzle with melted white chocolate.
- Let the white chocolate set and cut into bars.
Keywords:: Craisins, Pistachios, Cream Cheese, Cranberries, White Chocolate, Bliss Bars