These easy pumpkin cheesecake bars have a creamy and smooth cheesecake filling sandwiched by two layers of moist and tender pumpkin cake. A crunchy pecan praline on top makes this the ultimate fall dessert.
For the Cake:
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup flour
For the Filling:
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
For the Praline Topping:
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Line a 9×13-inch baking dish with aluminum foil and coat in with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the butter and brown sugar for the cake. Mix together for 2 minutes on medium speed.
- Add in the pumpkin pie spice and mix for 20 more seconds until incorporated, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary. Add in the vanilla, eggs, salt, baking soda, and baking powder, and continue mixing until smooth.
- Add the pumpkin and mix on low speed until combined, then add the flour. Mix the batter until just incorporated.
- Spread half of the batter onto the bottom of the prepared pan. Transfer the remaining batter into a small bowl while you make your filling.
- In the clean bowl of your stand mixer, add the cream cheese and sugar. Using the paddle attachment, mix until smooth.
- Add in the egg and vanilla and continue to mix on medium speed until combined.
- Spread the cheesecake filling over the batter in the pan, then top with the remaining batter.
- In the clean bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the butter and brown sugar for the praline. Beat until smooth, then add the flour and pecans and mix until combined and crumbly, about 1 minute.
- Sprinkle the praline mixture on top of the pumpkin cake batter.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until the center is set to the touch.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack completely and cut into bars.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 5 days, or in the freezer for 3 months.
- Feel free to use any kind of nuts.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 159
- Sugar: 10 g
- Sodium: 132.9 mg
- Fat: 9.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 16.6 g
- Protein: 2.2 g
- Cholesterol: 38.5 mg
Keywords: pumpkin cheesecake bars, pumpkin cheesecake bars recipe