A cream cheese swirl fills this sweet and moist apple cake!
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 1 cup butter room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 3 cups chopped Granny Smith apples (3 small)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Generally grease a bundt pan with butter or shortening, or alternately coat liberally with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Prepare your cheesecake filling in the bowl of your stand mixer
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle mix the cream cheese and sugar together on medium speed for 1 minute until combined. Add in the vanilla, egg and flour and mix for 30-45 seconds, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary until smooth. Transfer this mixture to another bowl and set aside.
- Prepare the cake batter in the same bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix together the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar on medium speed for 2 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add in the eggs, vanilla, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon and continue mixing for 1 minute until smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Turn the mixer to low and mix in the flour until just combined.
- Stir in the apples until evenly incorporated.
- Spread half of the batter into the prepared bundt pan. Make a well in the middle of the batter for the cheesecake filling.
- Carefully spoon the cheesecake filling into the batter, trying your best not to let the cheesecake mixture touch the sides of the pan.
- Spoon the remaining cake batter onto the cheesecake filling and spread gently to cover the cheesecake filling.
- Bake for 55 – 60 minutes.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 20 minutes and then flip the pan onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Keywords:: cookies and cups, apple cake, cream cheese, cake recipe, bundt cake