This Cream Cheese Swirled Apple Cake is a soft, buttery, apple cake, swirled with rich cream cheese filling that will quickly become a fall favorite in your house!
Love apple desserts? You should check out my Apple Pie Recipe!
So here we are, fall is upon on! This summer was such a strange one here in NJ. It felt like it rained 80% of the time, so we never really got to enjoy a lot of beach days or summer sun. I usually try and hang onto every last minute of summer, but this year I was glad to see it go. By mid-August I was fully ready for all things fall. And here we are!
This Moist Apple Cake Is Filled With Sweet Cream Cheese and Loaded With Apples!
Apples are, of course, readily available all year long at your local supermarket, but I just love when it’s apple season and they are plentiful. I haven’t been able to talk my boys into going apple picking with me the last few years, but I think this year I’m not giving them the choice! Get ready boys, we’re about to apple EVERYTHING!
This cream cheese filled apple bundt cake is actually a spin on an older recipe I have here on my blog, my Apple Cake with Browned Butter Frosting, which is a great one. But since I can’t leave well enough alone, I decided…wouldn’t it be even better filled with a rich cream cheese layer? I don’t think you’ll disagree.
This apple cake is made in a bundt pan, so make sure that you coat the pan with nonstick baking spray or grease the pan liberally with butter. The last thing you want to do is make an entire cake only to have it stick to the sides of the pan! I use AND LOVE this bundt pan if you’re interested!
How Do You Make Cream Cheese Swirled Apple Cake?
The cake batter comes together very easily, and the cream cheese filling is very simple. You will have this cake in the oven in about 20 minutes!
You simply make the cake batter and spread half of it in your bundt pan. Top that with your cream cheese mixture and then spread the remaining cake batter on top!
As it bakes the cream cheese stays inside creating a delicious ribbon of sweet cream cheese, a lot like cheesecake!
And really, you can’t forget a heavy-handed sprinkle of powdered sugar!
This is really such a great cake to enjoy with coffee in the morning, or as dessert after dinner.
Looking for More Apple Recipes? Try These:Print
Cream Cheese Swirled Apple Cake
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Yield: serves 12 1x
- Category: Cake
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Dessert
A cream cheese swirl fills this sweet and moist apple cake!
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 1 cup butter room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 3 cups chopped Granny Smith apples (3 small)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Generally grease a bundt pan with butter or shortening, or alternately coat liberally with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Prepare your cheesecake filling in the bowl of your stand mixer
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle mix the cream cheese and sugar together on medium speed for 1 minute until combined. Add in the vanilla, egg and flour and mix for 30-45 seconds, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary until smooth. Transfer this mixture to another bowl and set aside.
- Prepare the cake batter in the same bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix together the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar on medium speed for 2 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add in the eggs, vanilla, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon and continue mixing for 1 minute until smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Turn the mixer to low and mix in the flour until just combined.
- Stir in the apples until evenly incorporated.
- Spread half of the batter into the prepared bundt pan. Make a well in the middle of the batter for the cheesecake filling.
- Carefully spoon the cheesecake filling into the batter, trying your best not to let the cheesecake mixture touch the sides of the pan.
- Spoon the remaining cake batter onto the cheesecake filling and spread gently to cover the cheesecake filling.
- Bake for 55 – 60 minutes.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 20 minutes and then flip the pan onto a wire rack to cool completely.
store airtight in the refrigerator for up to 3 days
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 481
- Sugar: 37.9 g
- Sodium: 496 mg
- Fat: 23.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 59.3 g
- Protein: 6.2 g
- Cholesterol: 121.8 mg
Keywords: cookies and cups, apple cake, cream cheese, cake recipe, bundt cake
14 comments on “Cream Cheese Swirled Apple Cake”
Wow. Just made this today and followed the directions exactly. It came out perfectly and I can’t stop taking little slices for myself. I baked it for 55 minutes, cooled for 20 before taking it out of the pan, and waited til it almost completely cooled to take a taste. It’s moist, appley, not too sweet. I’m really happy with this recipe.
So glad you liked it!!
I just made this, what an unmitigated disaster. I followed the recipe. It was lovely and golden brown on top after 60 mins of cooking. Tester came out clean. Waited the required 20 mins cooling time and it was completely raw in the middle and oozed out everywhere. Very disappointed.
Sorry you had this experience. It does say in the instructions to let it cool in the pan for 20 minutes and then invert onto a wire rack to cool COMPLETELY. Sounds like it was super warm and the cream cheese swirl just hadn’t set back up yet!
Your recipes are really the good suggestions for me to prepare the fast and healthy breakfast for my son. Thank you so much for your experiences and sharing.
I always let the pie filling chill in the refrigerator for 4-6 hours, so it has time to thicken before using it in a pie, and I usually use an unbaked pie crust.
I’d love to make this for Christmas morning but I don’t have a bundt pan…can this be made in a different size pan?
Amazing recipe it looks so tasty!
Hi! Im making this on Wednesday for Thanksgiving, just curious how should I store it? Can it be left room temp for a day or two?
I would refrigerate it if you’re making it today for Thanksgiving. make sure it’s airtight. Pull it out of the refrigerator on the morning of Thanksgiving so it has time to come back up to room temperature before serving!
Very easy to make… with ingredients that we always have. I did not have to take out the mixer. I will recommend a little more cinnamon/winter spices. I will be serving this cake at the Bed and Breakfast tomorrow. I am always looking for good recipes that can be put together very fast.
So glad you liked it!!
Fabulous…..! i also read your post but this is one of my favorite recipe till now, and this apple cake looks sooo yummmy & delicious…i can’t wait this cake….Thanks for sharing…!
Such a beautiful bundt and perfect Fall recipe. Can’t wait to try, pinned!