This Cream Cheese Swirled Apple Cake is a soft, buttery, apple cake, swirled with rich cream cheese filling that will quickly become a fall favorite in your house!
Love apple desserts? You should check out my Apple Pie Recipe!
So here we are, fall is upon on! This summer was such a strange one here in NJ. It felt like it rained 80% of the time, so we never really got to enjoy a lot of beach days or summer sun. I usually try and hang onto every last minute of summer, but this year I was glad to see it go. By mid-August I was fully ready for all things fall. And here we are!
This Moist Apple Cake Is Filled With Sweet Cream Cheese and Loaded With Apples!
Apples are, of course, readily available all year long at your local supermarket, but I just love when it’s apple season and they are plentiful. I haven’t been able to talk my boys into going apple picking with me the last few years, but I think this year I’m not giving them the choice! Get ready boys, we’re about to apple EVERYTHING!
This cream cheese filled apple bundt cake is actually a spin on an older recipe I have here on my blog, my Apple Cake with Browned Butter Frosting, which is a great one. But since I can’t leave well enough alone, I decided…wouldn’t it be even better filled with a rich cream cheese layer? I don’t think you’ll disagree.
This apple cake is made in a bundt pan, so make sure that you coat the pan with nonstick baking spray or grease the pan liberally with butter. The last thing you want to do is make an entire cake only to have it stick to the sides of the pan! I use AND LOVE this bundt pan if you’re interested!
How Do You Make Cream Cheese Swirled Apple Cake?
The cake batter comes together very easily, and the cream cheese filling is very simple. You will have this cake in the oven in about 20 minutes!
You simply make the cake batter and spread half of it in your bundt pan. Top that with your cream cheese mixture and then spread the remaining cake batter on top!
As it bakes the cream cheese stays inside creating a delicious ribbon of sweet cream cheese, a lot like cheesecake!
And really, you can’t forget a heavy-handed sprinkle of powdered sugar!
This is really such a great cake to enjoy with coffee in the morning, or as dessert after dinner.
Looking for More Apple Recipes? Try These:Print
A cream cheese swirl fills this sweet and moist apple cake!
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 1 cup butter room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 3 cups chopped Granny Smith apples (3 small)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Generally grease a bundt pan with butter or shortening, or alternately coat liberally with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Prepare your cheesecake filling in the bowl of your stand mixer
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle mix the cream cheese and sugar together on medium speed for 1 minute until combined. Add in the vanilla, egg and flour and mix for 30-45 seconds, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary until smooth. Transfer this mixture to another bowl and set aside.
- Prepare the cake batter in the same bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix together the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar on medium speed for 2 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add in the eggs, vanilla, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon and continue mixing for 1 minute until smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Turn the mixer to low and mix in the flour until just combined.
- Stir in the apples until evenly incorporated.
- Spread half of the batter into the prepared bundt pan. Make a well in the middle of the batter for the cheesecake filling.
- Carefully spoon the cheesecake filling into the batter, trying your best not to let the cheesecake mixture touch the sides of the pan.
- Spoon the remaining cake batter onto the cheesecake filling and spread gently to cover the cheesecake filling.
- Bake for 55 – 60 minutes.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 20 minutes and then flip the pan onto a wire rack to cool completely.
store airtight in the refrigerator for up to 3 days
Keywords:: cookies and cups, apple cake, cream cheese, cake recipe, bundt cake