This creamy Rice Pudding recipe is made with just a handful of pantry staples. It’s a warm and comforting dessert that’s easy to customize!
- 1 1/2 cups long grain white rice, uncooked
- 3 cups water
- 4 cups whole milk, divided
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups golden raisins
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a medium saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add in the rice, bring back to a boil, stirring constantly, and then reduce heat to low. Cover and allow to cook for 20 minutes, until just done and the water is absorbed. Stir the rice to fluff.
- Add in 3 cups of the milk, sugar,and salt to the rice. Stir to combine. Increase the heat to medium and bring to a boil. Once boiling, cook for 15-20 minutes, stirring frequently, until thick and creamy.
- Whisk together the remaining milk, eggs, and cinnamon. Slowly add this mixture to the rice, stirring constantly as you add it so the eggs don’t scramble. Add in the raisins and cook for 2 more minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in the butter and vanilla. Serve warm or cold!
Store airtight in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Keywords:: rice pudding, rice pudding recipe, how to make rice pudding, easy rice pudding, creamy rice pudding, homemade rice pudding, easy rice pudding recipe, best rice pudding recipe