This amazingly delicious Creamy Shrimp Pasta is an easy, yet elegant dinner! Perfect for weeknight dinner, or entertaining, this dish is better than your favorite Italian restaurant!
- 2 pounds medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 – 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (15- ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/3 cup clam juice
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 pound penne pasta
- 3/4 cup (or more) fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- optional – chopped fresh parsley and fresh basil to garnish
- Season shrimp with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a large, deep dish skillet over medium heat. Add in the shrimp and garlic and cook for about 4 minutes until the shrimp is pink and opaque. Remove the shrimp from the pan and set aside.
- Without cleaning or draining the pan, add the tomatoes, basil, red pepper flakes, wine, clam juice, and heavy cream. Bring mixture to a boil and reduce heat to medium-low to simmer for 8 minutes to thicken.
- While the sauce is simmering, cook the pasta according to the package directions and drain.
- Add 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, shrimp, and cooked pasta into the sauce and stir to combine. Season with more salt and pepper if desired.
- Garnish with the remaining grated cheese and fresh herbs if desired.
Store airtight in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
I prefer using wine in this recipe, but broth is a good alternative.
Keywords: cookies and cups, shrimp pasta, pasta recipe, shrimp recipe, creamy shrimp pasta