These chocolate chip cookies have a crisp edge and a chewy center! Perfect with a glass of milk!
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cups mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix the butter and sugar together for 2 minutes on medium speed. Add in the vanilla, eggs, salt, and baking soda and mix for 2 more minutes until smooth and combined, scraping the sides of the bowl carefully to combine all ingredients.
- Turn the mixer to low speed and add in the flour, mixing until just combined. Stir in both the chocolate chips evenly.
- Using a medium (2- tablespoon) sized cookie scoop, portion the dough out on to the prepared baking sheet at least 3- inches apart. Press more mini chips on top of the dough if desired. These cookies will spread while they are baking. I only bake 5 at a time on my cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15-16 minutes, or until they are set and the edges are golden brown.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 2-3 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
If desired press mini chips into the tops of the cookie dough before baking.
If you are baking the second and third batches on the same baking sheet, allow the baking sheet to cool completely before baking the second batch, or you can refrigerate the dough in between batches to counter this!
Store airtight for 5 days at room temperature.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 222
- Sugar: 25 g
- Sodium: 173.6 mg
- Fat: 9 g
- Carbohydrates: 34.3 g
- Protein: 2.8 g
- Cholesterol: 25.7 mg
Keywords: cookies and cups, chocolate chip cookies, chewy cookies, crisp cookies, cookie recipe