These chocolate chip cookies have a crisp edge and a chewy center! Perfect with a glass of milk!
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cups mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix the butter and sugar together for 2 minutes on medium speed. Add in the vanilla, eggs, salt, and baking soda and mix for 2 more minutes until smooth and combined, scraping the sides of the bowl carefully to combine all ingredients.
- Turn the mixer to low speed and add in the flour, mixing until just combined. Stir in both the chocolate chips evenly.
- Using a medium (2- tablespoon) sized cookie scoop, portion the dough out on to the prepared baking sheet at least 3- inches apart. Press more mini chips on top of the dough if desired. These cookies will spread while they are baking. I only bake 5 at a time on my cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15-16 minutes, or until they are set and the edges are golden brown. Refrigerate remaining cookie dough in between batches.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 2-3 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
If desired press mini chips into the tops of the cookie dough before baking.
Store airtight for 5 days at room temperature.
Keywords:: cookies and cups, chocolate chip cookies, chewy cookies, crisp cookies, cookie recipe