These extra crispy chicken cutlets are so easy and perfect for all occasions!
- 2 pounds thin sliced chicken breasts
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup light oil, like light olive oil, canola oil, or vegetable oil
- Trim chicken breasts of excess fat, if necessary and pat dry. Set aside.
- Prep Your Work Station: In a shallow bowl whisk together flour and seasoned salt. In another shallow bowl whisk together the eggs, water, and hot sauce. In a third shallow bowl mix together the breadcrumbs, garlic powder, salt, black pepper, and Parmesan cheese.
- Coat the Chicken: Dip each chicken breast into the flour mixture, then the egg mixture (allowing excess egg to drip off), and then into the panko mixture. Place on a plate or platter as you repeat the process with all the chicken.
- Fry: In a 10- inch skillet heat the oil over medium heat until it reaches 350°F. To test the oil you can dip the back of a wooden spoon into the oil and if bubbles form immediately, the oil is ready.
- Place each chicken cutlet in the hot oil for 2 – 3 minutes on each side. If you notice the oil getting too hot and the chicken browning too quickly, simply turn the heat down to medium-low. Don’t overcrowd the pan. I fry 2 cutlets at a time.
- Transfer the cooked chicken to a paper towel lined plate to absorb any excess oil. Repeat with all the chicken cutlets.
- Serve warm.
Store airtight in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
To reheat: Air Fryer: 4 minutes at 400°F. Oven 6 minutes at 400°F.
Keywords: chicken cutlets, chicken recipe, fried chicken, chicken breasts, dinner idea