Crock Pot Mashed Potatoes are the perfect make ahead mashed potato recipe! Rich and creamy mashed potatoes that are perfect to feed a crowd. This slow cooker recipe is a definite keeper and will a star at your Thanksgiving dinner!
- 5 pounds potatoes (russet, yellow, or red), peeled and cut into 1- inch cubes
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes or 3 teaspoons Better Than Bouillon
- 2/3 cup half and half
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed at room temperature
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- Fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- Place the potatoes in your 6-8 quart slow cooker. Add in the chicken broth, garlic, and chicken bouillon. Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours, or on low for 6-8 hours, stirring once halfway through cooking.
- When potatoes are done, add in the half and half, butter, and cream cheese. Mash using a potato masher or hand mixer until desired consistency is reached. You can add more half and half if you prefer creamier potatoes. Season with black pepper as desired.
- Serve immediately, or keep warm in slow cooker until ready to serve, up to 2 hours.
Optional: Add in 1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese for cheesy mashed potatoes, which I did when I made these for the pictures! I also used Yukon Gold Potatoes in the images shown, as they are our favorite!
garnish with fresh parsley.
Store airtight in refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 250
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 181.4 mg
- Fat: 14.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 26.3 g
- Protein: 4.1 g
- Cholesterol: 40.8 mg
Keywords: slow cooker, crock pot, mashed potatoes, creamy mashed potatoes, mashed potatoes recipe, how to make mashed potatoes, best mashed potatoes, crockpot mashed potatoes, homemade mashed potatoes, make ahead mashed potatoes