This Chocolate Salami Recipe is the perfect addition to a Dessert Charcuterie Board
- 2 cups (12- ounces) chocolate chips or chopped chocolate
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup chopped nuts (I used pistachios)
- 12 – 14 ounces Biscoff or shortbread cookies, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- optional – 1/2 cup dried fruit, such as raisins or chopped dates
- Place chocolate chips in a medium bowl.
- Heat heavy cream in a sauce pan or microwave until it starts steaming, but not boiling.
- Pour the hot cream over the chocolate and allow it to sit for a few minutes to allow the chocolate to melt. Stir the chocolate and cream together until smooth. Stir in the nuts, chopped cookies, and dried fruit if using.
- Allow the mixture to cool for 10-15 minutes until it’s cooled slightly.
- Divide the mixture in half and spoon onto 2 pieces of cling wrap. Using the cling wrap, form the mixture into 2 logs. Twist the ends up and place in the refrigerator to chill completely, 3-4 hours, or overnight.
- When the chocolate is cooled, dust on all side with powdered sugar.
- Slice and serve.
You can make this chocolate salami up to 2 weeks in advance, or freeze for up to a month.
If freezing, allow the chocolate to thaw before slicing. Also, dust with more powdered sugar if necessary.
Keywords:: Dessert Charcuterie, appetizer recipe, chocolate and nut log recipe, Chocolate Salami