This cheesy Doritos Casserole is made with ground beef, tomatoes, chiles, sour cream and much more! It’s an easy taco casserole recipe that’s full of savory goodness.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup diced yellow onion, about 1 medium onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 package low- sodium taco seasoning
- 1 (10- ounce) can Ro-tel tomatoes and chiles
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 (9.75- ounce) bag Doritos, very coarsely crushed
- Optional garnish – diced tomatoes, cilantro, jalapeños, avocado
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add in the onions and cook for 5 minutes. Add in the garlic and the ground beef and cook until the meat is no longer pink, breaking up the clumps with a wooden spoon.
- Add in the taco seasoning, Ro-tel, and salsa. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the sour cream evenly and then remove the mixture from the heat.
- Pour half of the meat mixture into the bottom of a 9×13 pan. Top with 1/2- cup of the cheese and half of the Doritos. Repeat the process with the remaining ingredients, topping with the remaining 1/2- cup of the cheese.
- Cover the pan with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for 10 more minutes.
- Garnish as desired and serve warm.
Store leftovers airtight in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Keywords:: cookies and cups, dorito casserole, dorito casserole recipe, taco casserole, taco casserole recipe, easy taco casserole, beef casserole, ground beef casserole