- 1 1/2 c. semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 1/2 c. AP flour
- 1 1/2 t. baking soda
- 3/4 t. salt
- 1 c. salted butter, softened
- 2/3 c. sugar
- 1/3 c. packed dark brown sugar
- 2 t. vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 4.7 oz. box Andes Creme de Menthe Candies unwrapped and broken in half
- *I adapted this part and used Andies Peppermint Crunch Baking chips that I found in the baking section of my supermarket (pictured below)
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat to 375
- Prepare cookie sheets by greasing them or lining with parchment
- Melt 1 1/2 cups semi sweet chips over double boiler or in microwave until just melted. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Combine dry ingredients in small bowl, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine butter, sugars and vanilla. Beat them together until creamy. Add eggs, scrape down the sides of the bowl and mix again.Â Add the melted chocolate and beat ingredients until light and fluffy.
- Add the flour mixture and mix until just combined. Add the Andes Candies and 1 c. chocolate chips. Stir until combined.
- Drop mixture by rounded tablespoonfuls or with a small ice cream scoop into the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for approx. 10 minutes until they spread and centers don’t look wet.
- Let stand for 2-3 minutes on cookie sheets and then transfer to cooling rack.