This recipe came from a cookbook that I just received from Tate’s Bake Shop. The first time I had ever heard of Tate’s was in a Rachael Ray magazine where they rated best chocolate chip cookies. Since I fancy myself a bit of a chocolate chip connoisseur I was intrigued.
But sometimes the universe works in funny ways and I was contacted by the nice people over at Tate’s not only to sample their cookies, but also to take a gander at their new cookbook.
The cookbook is not picture heavy..something I usually prefer, but instead is loaded with recipes that they serve right in their sweet Hampton’s shop ~ no copy-cat recipes here!
I thought I would try the season appropriate Double Chocolate Mint cookies for the maiden baking voyage.
They turned out to be the perfect combo of chocolate and mint…just a touch of the minty and loads of chocolate.Print
Double Chocolate Mint Cookes plus a Giveaway!
- 1 1/2 c. semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 1/2 c. AP flour
- 1 1/2 t. baking soda
- 3/4 t. salt
- 1 c. salted butter, softened
- 2/3 c. sugar
- 1/3 c. packed dark brown sugar
- 2 t. vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 4.7 oz. box Andes Creme de Menthe Candies unwrapped and broken in half
- *I adapted this part and used Andies Peppermint Crunch Baking chips that I found in the baking section of my supermarket (pictured below)
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat to 375
- Prepare cookie sheets by greasing them or lining with parchment
- Melt 1 1/2 cups semi sweet chips over double boiler or in microwave until just melted. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Combine dry ingredients in small bowl, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine butter, sugars and vanilla. Beat them together until creamy. Add eggs, scrape down the sides of the bowl and mix again.Â Add the melted chocolate and beat ingredients until light and fluffy.
- Add the flour mixture and mix until just combined. Add the Andes Candies and 1 c. chocolate chips. Stir until combined.
- Drop mixture by rounded tablespoonfuls or with a small ice cream scoop into the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for approx. 10 minutes until they spread and centers don’t look wet.
- Let stand for 2-3 minutes on cookie sheets and then transfer to cooling rack.
179 comments on “Double Chocolate Mint Cookes”
So happy that I won – sent you an e-mail – thank you again!
I would keep the cookbook for myself, and share the cookies (The ones I won, and the ones I make 🙂 )
Nice giveaway, and nice chocolate peppermint cookies!
I'd keep everything myself to share with family when they arrive!
I would have to share, but I would try some of those delicious cookies!!
I would give this to my mom! (That way she could share it with me hehe)
The book would go to my sweet niece who has become quite an accomplished baker. I will miss her when she goes away to college in May but I know she will share her favorite recipes from the book with her old aunt.
I would share! My dad loves to bake as much as I do so I would gift the cookbook to him and share the cookies with the rest of the family.
Love your blog!