Hot Chocolate Cookies are made with hot chocolate mix right in the dough! Load them up with milk chocolate chunks and mini marshmallows and you have the cookie version of everyone’s favorite hot beverage!
Hot Chocolate Cookies are thick, delicious chocolate cookie loaded with milk chocolate and mini marshmallows!
These Hot Chocolate Cookies are sweet, thick, chocolate cookies, that are so easy to make! The chocolate flavor is mild, but delicious, with ultra soft centers and slightly crisp edges. Imagine that creamy taste of hot chocolate in cookie form. These are the perfect chilly day treat!
How do you make Hot Chocolate Cookies?
The dough for these cookies is super easy! It’s a simple cookie recipe that and you just add some hot chocolate mix straight into the dough! You don’t need to chill the dough, so these will be ready to eat in under 30 minutes!!
What kind of hot chocolate should I use?
You can use any kind you want!! You can use the kind with mini marshmallows included, or not…because you add more marshmallows to the dough. I REALLY recommend you find the tiny dehydrated marshmallows LIKE THESE(called Mallow Bits) They work perfectly in this recipe! I hav e found them at Target, Wal-Mart, my local supermarket, or on Amazon!
More on the Marshmallow Bits below…
You will need to chop up some milk chocolate into chunks. You could also use milk chocolate chips, up to you!
Here’s where you add the Marshmallow Bits. If you can’t find the Bits, I don’t recommend that you use Mini Marshmallows in their place. What you could do is place a few marshmallows on top of the cookies when they are almost done baking so they will melt partially on top…just an idea.
When they’re baked, let them cool on a wire rack.
These aren’t overly chocolatey cookies. If you would like to up the chocolate factor here, you could sub in some cocoa powder for the hot chocolate mix.
But I just love that they are a subtle chocolate flavor…just like hot chocolate.
My kids go crazy for these cookies and I know you will too!
*I used Swiss Miss Hot Chocolate in this recipe, but you could use any brand!Print
Delicious Hot Chocolate Cookies perfect for chilly days!
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup hot chocolate mix
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 3/4 cup flour
- 1 cup chopped milk chocolate (or milk chocolate chips)
- 1 cup Marshmallow Bits
- Preheat oven to 350
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cream butter and brown sugar together on medium speed for about 1 minute until combined. Add in hot chocolate and continue mixing for about 30 seconds.
- Add in eggs and vanilla and continue mixing until incorporated.
- Turn mixer to low and add in salt, baking soda and flour. Mix until just combined.
- Finally, add in milk chocolate and Marshmallow Bits, stirring until evenly mixed in.
- Drop by heaping tablespoon onto lined baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes, until edges are set and slightly golden.
- Transfer to wire rack to cool
Store airtight for up to 3 days
Keywords: hot chocolate, cookies, recipe, milk chocolate, marshmallows
Here are some more Hot Chocolate Recipes that I have done in the past: