Hot Chocolate Cookies are made with hot chocolate mix right in the dough! Load them up with milk chocolate chunks and mini marshmallows and you have the cookie version of everyone’s favorite hot beverage!
And make sure you check out my completely from scratch Homemade Hot Chocolate Mix!
These Hot Chocolate Cookies are sweet, thick, chocolate cookies, that are so easy to make! The chocolate flavor is mild, but delicious, with ultra soft centers and slightly crisp edges. Imagine that creamy taste of hot chocolate in cookie form.
These aren’t overly chocolatey cookies. If you would like to up the chocolate factor here, you could sub in some cocoa powder for some of the hot chocolate mix. I’d do half and half.
This chocolate cookie recipe is definitely great for a snow day, but I’d serve these cookies all year long, especially at the end of the season when you want to try and use up your hot chocolate mix!
The dough for these cookies is super easy! It’s a simple cookie recipe that and you just add some hot chocolate mix straight into the dough! You don’t need to chill the dough, so these will be ready to eat in under 30 minutes!!
What Kind of Hot Chocolate Should I Use?
You can use any kind you want!! You can use the kind with mini marshmallows included, or not…because you add more marshmallows to the dough. I REALLY recommend you find the tiny dehydrated marshmallows (called Mallow Bits) They work perfectly in this recipe! I hav e found them at Target, Wal-Mart, my local supermarket, or on Amazon!
I linked to the ones I buy from Amazon in the shoppable image above!
What If I Can’t Find The Dehydrated Marshmallows?
If you can’t find them, I don’t recommend that you use Mini Marshmallows in their place, as they melt during baking and can create a mess.
What you could do is place a few marshmallows on top of the cookies when they are almost done baking so they will melt partially on top…just an idea.
Can You Use Milk Chocolate Chips Instead of Chopped?
Yes absolutely!! But as always, the better quality the chocolate, the better results (and flavor) you will have!
My kids go crazy for these cookies and I know you will too!
*I used Swiss Miss Hot Chocolate in this recipe, but you could use any brand!
Looking For More Hot Chocolate Recipes? Try These:
- Hot Chocolate Bundt Cake
- Hot Chocolate Frosting
- Hot Chocolate Popcorn
- Hot Chocolate Krispie Treats
- Hot Chocolate on a Stick
Delicious Hot Chocolate Cookies perfect for chilly days!
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup hot chocolate mix
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 3/4 cup flour
- 1 cup chopped milk chocolate (or milk chocolate chips)
- 1 cup Marshmallow Bits
- Preheat oven to 350
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cream butter and brown sugar together on medium speed for about 1 minute until combined. Add in hot chocolate and continue mixing for about 30 seconds.
- Add in eggs and vanilla and continue mixing until incorporated.
- Turn mixer to low and add in salt, baking soda and flour. Mix until just combined.
- Finally, add in milk chocolate and Marshmallow Bits, stirring until evenly mixed in.
- Drop by heaping tablespoon onto lined baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes, until edges are set and slightly golden.
- Transfer to wire rack to cool
Store airtight for up to 3 days
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 213
- Sugar: 13.9 g
- Sodium: 133.9 mg
- Fat: 11.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 26.3 g
- Protein: 2.9 g
- Cholesterol: 35.8 mg
Keywords: hot chocolate, cookies, recipe, milk chocolate, marshmallows
Want To Save This Recipe?
PIN for later