Well, it’s another snow day in the Northeast.
Dude, this weather is getting really sucky.
The kids are home from school again and while I love the little buggers, they have confiscated my itouch, played every board game known to man, built 13 different “forts” (with my good pillows) and gotten into no less than 427 arguments. Now, like a good mom, I have plopped them down in front of the television to zone out to Scooby Doo reruns.
They were outside sledding earlier, but it always takes no less than 30 minutes to get them bundled up so they can go outside and play for 5.
And I didn’t mention that 22 of those 30 minutes were spent trying to solve the mystery of the missing glove.
I don’t understand how 1 glove can consistently go missing every time I need it.
What never fails, though, is when they come inside from their exhausting 3 minutes of play, they demand hot chocolate.
I am pretty sure that the whole “going outside to play in the snow” is just a carefully hatched scheme devised to get the hot chocolate that they know will inevitably be waiting for them upon re-entrance into the toasty, warm house.
Even I will admit that hot chocolate is a pretty redeeming factor of the snow day.
Chocolate, marshmallow, whipped cream…yes, that is a pretty spectacular beverage.
So since I can’t leave well enough alone, topped with my unusual obsession with cereal desserts I decided to give these a go…
Hot Chocolate Krispies
Add in your hot chocolate powder right into the marshmallows.
Stir while continuing to cook over low heat until marshmallows are melted and chocolate is mixed in.
Remove from heat.
Add in your 6 cups Cocoa Krispies.
Press that into your pan and add some more marshmallows!
Let cool for 30 minutes and cut into squares.
Store air tight for up to 2 days.
Hope you have a great day, whether it’s snowing, raining, or bright and sunny…
I’ll be here in the 20 degree weather, chiseling the maple syrup off my itouch 🙂
- 6 cups cocoa krispies
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 (10.5 oz) bag of mini marshmallows, plus 4 cups divided. (About a bag and a half total)
- 6 T. hot chocolate mix
- cooking spray
- sheet of parchment or wax paper- optional
- Spray 9×9 square pan with cooking spray.
- Set aside
- Melt butter in large saucepan over low heat.
- When butter is melted add your bag of mini marshmallows and then hot chocolate powder.
- Stir while continuing to cook over low heat until marshmallows are melted and chocolate is mixed in.
- Remove from heat.
- Add in your 6 cups Cocoa Krispies.
- Stir until mixed well.
- Now add in 2 cups mini marshmallows.
- Stir until marshmallows are evenly distributed throughout the krispie mixture.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Lightly spray a piece of parchment or wax paper with cooking spray for an easy way to press mixture into pan without it sticking.
- If you don’t have wax or parchment paper just press evenly into pan with the back of a spoon sprayed with cooking spray.
- Immediately spread remaining 2 cups mini marshmallows onto the krispies and press into the mix.
- Let cool for 30 minutes and cut into squares.
- Store air tight for up to 2 days.