Hot Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats Recipe
How to Make Hot Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats
Press that into your pan and add some more marshmallows!
I’ll be here in the 20 degree weather, chiseling the maple syrup off my itouch 🙂
These Hot Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats are a super fun and tasty twist on the classic dessert recipe! Filled with chocolate and marshmallow goodness, these krispie treats will rock your world!
- 6 cups cocoa krispies
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 (10.5 oz) bag of mini marshmallows, plus 4 cups divided. (About a bag and a half total)
- 6 T. hot chocolate mix
- cooking spray
- sheet of parchment or wax paper- optional
- Spray 9×9 square pan with cooking spray.
- Set aside
- Melt butter in large saucepan over low heat.
- When butter is melted add your bag of mini marshmallows and then hot chocolate powder.
- Stir while continuing to cook over low heat until marshmallows are melted and chocolate is mixed in.
- Remove from heat.
- Add in your 6 cups Cocoa Krispies.
- Stir until mixed well.
- Now add in 2 cups mini marshmallows.
- Stir until marshmallows are evenly distributed throughout the krispie mixture.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Lightly spray a piece of parchment or wax paper with cooking spray for an easy way to press mixture into pan without it sticking.
- If you don’t have wax or parchment paper just press evenly into pan with the back of a spoon sprayed with cooking spray.
- Immediately spread remaining 2 cups mini marshmallows onto the krispies and press into the mix.
- Let cool for 30 minutes and cut into squares.
- Store air tight for up to 2 days.
Keywords:: rice krispie treats recipe, rice crispy treats recipe, how to make rice crispy treats, homemade rice crispy treats, best rice crispy treats, chocolate dessert recipe, marshmallow recipe, hot chocolate recipe