These Hot Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats are a super fun and tasty twist on the classic dessert recipe! Filled with chocolate and marshmallow goodness, these krispie treats will rock your world!
- 6 cups cocoa krispies
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 (10.5 oz) bag of mini marshmallows, plus 4 cups divided. (About a bag and a half total)
- 6 T. hot chocolate mix
- cooking spray
- sheet of parchment or wax paper- optional
- Spray 9×9 square pan with cooking spray.
- Set aside
- Melt butter in large saucepan over low heat.
- When butter is melted add your bag of mini marshmallows and then hot chocolate powder.
- Stir while continuing to cook over low heat until marshmallows are melted and chocolate is mixed in.
- Remove from heat.
- Add in your 6 cups Cocoa Krispies.
- Stir until mixed well.
- Now add in 2 cups mini marshmallows.
- Stir until marshmallows are evenly distributed throughout the krispie mixture.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Lightly spray a piece of parchment or wax paper with cooking spray for an easy way to press mixture into pan without it sticking.
- If you don’t have wax or parchment paper just press evenly into pan with the back of a spoon sprayed with cooking spray.
- Immediately spread remaining 2 cups mini marshmallows onto the krispies and press into the mix.
- Let cool for 30 minutes and cut into squares.
- Store air tight for up to 2 days.
Keywords: rice krispie treats recipe, rice crispy treats recipe, how to make rice crispy treats, homemade rice crispy treats, best rice crispy treats, chocolate dessert recipe, marshmallow recipe, hot chocolate recipe