Peanut Butter Stuffed Chocolate Cookies are thick cookies stuffed with a sweet, creamy peanut butter filling. Over the top decadent, but simple to make!
There is currently about 18 inches of snow outside. Which means I have no plans to leave my house for at least 5 days. I am a solid fan of snow from indoors…but have zero desires to actually BE cold.
Meanwhile my children are out back in our hot tub, taking turns rolling around in the snow and then jumping back into the water. I still am not sure if we’re actually related.
Being stuck inside does have its perks, though. I have gotten QUITE a bit of online shopping done. And as we all know, baking is not optional when it’s a snow day. Usually we just make a batch of chocolate chip cookies (usually the Salty Browned Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies from my book)…but today I decided to try something new.
It worked out perfectly.
These little gems look totally unassuming from the outside. Almost boring-ish. But oh just you wait until you take a bite.
Let’s discuss the how-to action on the beauties.
You simply mix some peanut butter with powdered sugar and form it into balls.
Now…I always mix it up and immediately form the balls, which means, yes, the peanut butter is sticky and a little annoying to handle. I don’t mind. But if you do, chill the peanut butter mixture for a bit before rolling it into balls. It will be fine either way you do it. I chill the balls after I roll them while I am making the dough, but you can change the order if that suits you.
Form the cookie dough around each ball and then press them down slightly. These cookies don’t spread much during baking, so to prevent them from being tall mounds, just flatten them a bit.
Also, I like to roll mine in granulated sugar. It makes them pretty 🙂
When they’re done they will look like this gorgeousness…
And then of course the money maker shot…
And since I know we think alike, you can TOTALLY do this with Nutella or Cookie Butter too!Print
Peanut Butter Filling
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Peanut Butter Filling
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix the peanut butter and powdered sugar together until smooth. Roll the filling into 24, 1- inch balls (mixture will be sticky). Place them on a parchment lined plate or baking sheet and chill in the freezer while you are making your cookie dough.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix the butter, peanut butter and brown sugar together for 2 minutes on medium speed until light and creamy, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary. Add in the vanilla, egg and extra yolk, cocoa powder, salt, and baking soda. Mix on medium speed for one minute until smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Turn the mixer to low speed and slowly add in the flour. Mix until combined.
- Remove the peanut butter balls from the freezer. Scoop out a heaping tablespoon sized amount of dough and form the dough around a peanut butter ball. Flatten the dough slightly so it’s not a round ball. Dip each into the granulated sugar and place on a parchment lined baking sheet 2 inches apart. Bake for 8-9 minutes until cookies are set and slightly cracked.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.