Mint Fudge Stuffed Brownies are rich, chocolatey brownies stuffed with an epic white chocolate mint filling! An indulgent and easy dessert bar recipe you can make in under an hour. The recipe is from the book Brownies, Blondies & Bars.
Mint & chocolate is a flavor combo that I feel like you really like or really don’t. Luckily for you, I am fully on board. Completely. Totally.
So today’s recipe is one of those that I made, sampled and had to promptly get it out of my house forevermore. Otherwise I would be staring at an empty 9×13 pan with a massive stomachache and a week’s worth of regret.
This recipe is from the book Brownies, Blondies & Bars by Stephanie Brubaker. Stephanie also writes the delicious blog, Back for Seconds! You guys all know how much I love a treat baked in a 9×13, so this book is right up my alley for sure.
It’s packed with creative bars that look like ooey-gooey perfection. I have made a few recipes from the book already, like these over the top Chocolate Covered Potato Chip Blondies. I mean right?
Anyhow, with St. Patrick’s Day right around the corner I knew I wanted to make something minty and these bars really jumped out at me! Shamrock Shakes can’t have all the fun, can they?
I bought some Andes Mints, you know the ones they give you when you pay at Olive Garden? And I chopped up those little guys. I know they sell them already chopped, so if you find those, fantastic.
The brownies batter on this is super easy too and the fudge filling is white chocolate, sweetened condensed milk and peppermint extract. YES PLEASE. You just pour half the batter in the pan, top it with the fudge layer and then CAREFULLY spread the remaining brownie batter on top.
Then cover that whole sitch with your mints…
They bake up so pretty…look at all those melty mints. I’m telling ya…
You need to wait until these cool completely before you cut into them. Actually they slice easiest if they are chilled, so keep that in mind!
I can’t wait to make more recipes from Brownies, Blondies & Bars! I think you guys will really love the book too.. I mean the cover alone is reason enough to buy it 🙂Print
Mint Fudge Stuffed Brownies are rich, chocolatey brownies stuffed with an epic white chocolate mint filling! An indulgent and easy dessert bar recipe you can make in under an hour.
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1 1/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 eggs, whisked
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 2 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 6 drops green food coloring (optional)
- 1 cup Andes Mints, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 9×13 pan with foil and coat with nonstick spray.
- Fill a sauce pot with 2 inches of water. Place a heat safe bowl on top of the pan. Heat the water on medium-low until it comes to a simmer. Place the butter and chocolate in the bowl, stirring frequently until melted. Remove immediately from the heat and stir in the cocoa powder, both sugars, vanilla, salt and eggs until smooth and combined.
- Finally stir in the flour. Set the batter aside.
- In a separate bowl heat the white chocolate and condensed milk in 30- second intervals, stirring between each burst until melted and smooth. Alternately you could do this using the same double boiler method you used to melt the chocolate and butter). Add the mint extract and food coloring and stir until evenly combined.
- Spread half of the brownie batter into the prepared pan. Carefully spoon and spread the mint fudge on top of the brownie batter. Gently spread the remaining brownie batter on top of the fudge layer.
- Sprinkle the chopped Andes mints evenly on top of the brownies and bake for 30-35 minutes or until the brownies are set and the edges start to slightly pull away from the pan.
- Allow the brownies to cool and then refrigerate until the are completely set, at least 2 hours.
Recipe from Brownies, Blondies and Bars
Keywords: dessert bars, fudgy brownies, mint brownies