I love cake, but I love crumb topping more! This soft cinnamon swirled cake is topped with the most crumb topping ever!
- 3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/4 cups butter, melted
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9×9 baking pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Prepare the crumb topping by combining all the crumb ingredients together in a large bowl. Mix using a spoon to combine the ingredients. Use your hands to squeeze the mixture together to create large “crumbs”. Set aside.
- To make the cake combine the oil, egg, vanilla, milk, granulated sugar, salt, and baking powder in the bowl of your stand mixer. Mix on medium speed for 1 minute until smooth and combined. Turn the mixer to low and add in the flour and mix until combined, about 30 seconds.
- Pour this batter into the prepared pan.
- In a small bowl mix together the light brown sugar, cinnamon, and melted butter. Drop this onto the cake batter evenly and then swirl in using a butter knife.
- Bake the cake for 10 minutes in preheated oven.
- After 10 minutes, remove the cake from the oven and quickly place all the crumb topping evenly on top. Return the cake to the oven and bake for an additional 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool before slicing.
Keywords:: crumb topping, cake, recipe, crumb cake