- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 lb (2 cups) butter
- In medium saucepan, melt chocolate chips and butter over medium low heat, whisking frequently.
- When melted, cool completely and chill until solid.
- Remove from fridge and allow to come up to room temperature.
- Put all the chocolate in a mixing bowl and beat on medium for 2 minutes until light in color and fluffy.
Makes enough frosting to filling and frost an 8″ layer cake, or frost 24 cupcakes.
Store refrigerated, but allow to come back to room temperature before serving.