Easy Homemade Crescent Rolls are soft, sweet and fluffy and heavenly slathered with butter. Making these from scratch has never been easier!
- 3 teaspoons instant yeast (*see note)
- 3/4 cup warm water (110°F – 115°F)
- 3/4 cup butter, divided at room temperature
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3 3/4 cups all purpose flour, divided
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment combine the yeast, water, 1/2 cup butter, eggs, sugar, and salt. Mix together on medium speed for 1 – 2 minutes, until combined.
- Turn the mixer down to low and add in the remaining flour until combined. Replace the paddle attachment with the hook attachment and mix on medium speed for 6 – 8 minutes, until a soft, smooth dough has formed. Alternatively you can knead the dough by hand if desired.
- Cover the bowl with a towel, place in a warm, non-drafty place and allow the dough to rise until doubled in size, 45 minutes – 1 hour.
- When the dough is doubled, transfer it to a lightly floured surface and roll into a 15- inch circle. Using a knife or pizza cutter, cut the dough into 14 equal wedges. Starting with the wide edge, roll the dough up. Place the rolls on a parchment lined baking sheet, and cover with a towel.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Allow the rolls to rest, covered, while the oven is preheating, 10 – 15 minutes.
- Remove the towel and bake for 10 minutes, until golden brown. Remove the rolls from the oven and melt the remaining 1/4 cup butter. Brush the melted butter on top of the warm rolls.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
*If you would like to use regular dry active yeast instead of instant, dissolve the yeast in the warm water for 5 minutes before adding the remaining ingredients in step #1. Also you will need to increase the rise time 30 minutes – 1 hour, to allow the dough to double in size (on both rises).
To Store: store airtight for up to 2 days.
Make ahead instructions: Prep the dough as stated in steps 1 – 2. Place the unrisen dough in the refrigerator to rise slowly overnight. Remove the dough from the refrigerator 30 minutes before starting step 4.
Keywords: homemade rolls, dinner roll recipe