This Pumpkin Roll recipe is a classic fall dessert! I’ve simplified the process making it easier than ever!
- 3 large eggs
- 2/3 cup pumpkin puree (like Libby’s)
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 6 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 10×15- inch jelly roll pan with parchment paper, leaving about an inch of extra parchment at the ends, for easy removal. Very lightly coat the parchment with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add in the eggs and mix on medium until lightly beaten. Add in the pumpkin, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla, baking soda, and salt and mix for 1 minute until smooth.
- Turn mixer to low and add in the flour, mixing for 30 seconds, or until smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan evenly.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until the cake is set and a toothpick comes out clean.
- As soon as the cake comes out, while hot, lift the cake out of the pan using the parchment paper and place on a heat safe surface.
- Leaving the parchment paper on the cake, roll it up carefully starting with the narrow end, placing it on a wire rack seam-side down to cool completely.
- While the cake is cooling, prepare the filling. In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix the cream cheese and butter together for 1 minute on medium speed until smooth. Add in the powdered sugar and vanilla and mix for another minute until creamy, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- When your cake is cooled, carefully unroll it. Using an offset spatula, spread your cream cheese filling evenly onto the cake, leaving 1- inch around the edges.
- Now carefully roll the cake back up tightly, but pull the parchment paper away from the cake as you do so. Once you have it rolled up, place it on a baking sheet or serving dish, cover airtight and place in to the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes, or until ready to serve.
- Dust with powdered sugar before slicing and serving.
Store airtight in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To freeze a pumpkin roll, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap, making sure it’s airtight. Place flat in the freezer for up to 30 days. Allow to thaw at room temperature.
Keywords:: cookies and cups, pumpkin roll, pumpkin roll recipe, thanksgiving dessert, how to make a pumpkin roll, easy pumpkin roll recipe, easy thanksgiving desserts