This Pumpkin Roll recipe is a classic fall dessert! I’ve simplified the process making it easier than ever!
- 3 large eggs
- 2/3 cup pumpkin puree (like Libby’s)
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 6 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
Make the Pumpkin Cake
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a 10×15- inch jelly roll pan with parchment paper, leaving about an inch of extra parchment at the ends, for easy removal. Very lightly coat the parchment with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add in the eggs and mix on medium until lightly beaten.
- Add in the pumpkin, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla, baking soda, and salt and mix for 1 minute until smooth.
- Turn mixer to low and add in the flour, mixing for 30 seconds, or until smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan evenly.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until the cake is set and a toothpick comes out clean. As soon as the cake comes out, while hot, lift the cake out of the pan using the parchment paper and place on a heat safe surface.
- Leaving the parchment paper on the cake, roll it up carefully starting with the narrow end, placing it on a wire rack seam-side down to cool completely.
Make the Pumpkin Roll Filling
- While the cake is cooling, prepare the filling. In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix the cream cheese and butter together for 1 minute on medium speed until smooth.
- Add in the powdered sugar and vanilla and mix for another minute until creamy, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
Assemble the Pumpkin Roll
- When your cake is cooled, carefully unroll it. Using an offset spatula, spread your cream cheese filling evenly onto the cake, leaving 1- inch around the edges.
- Now carefully roll the cake back up tightly, but pull the parchment paper away from the cake as you do so. Once you have it rolled up, place it on a baking sheet or serving dish, cover airtight and place in to the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes, or until ready to serve.
- Dust with powdered sugar before slicing and serving.
Store airtight in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To freeze a pumpkin roll, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap, making sure it’s airtight. Place flat in the freezer for up to 30 days. Allow to thaw at room temperature.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 258
- Sugar: 25.2 g
- Sodium: 264.9 mg
- Fat: 12.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 34 g
- Protein: 4.2 g
- Cholesterol: 85.2 mg
Keywords: cookies and cups, , pumpkin roll recipe, thanksgiving dessert, how to make a pumpkin roll, easy pumpkin roll recipe, easy thanksgiving desserts