An easy and homemade Edible Cookie Dough recipe that’s completely safe to eat, without any worry! The perfect indulgence!
- 1/2 cup salted butter
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a small saucepan over medium heat melt the butter. Once it’s melted continue to cook the butter, swirling the pan constantly. The butter will begin to boil and foam. Continue cooking until it becomes amber in color. Remove it from the heat and allow it to cool at least 20 minutes.
- While the butter is cooling place the flour in a large microwave safe bowl. Heat the flour in 30 second intervals, whisking after each, until a thermometer inserted in the flour reaches 160°F. Allow the flour to cool completely, while the butter cools.
- When the butter and flour have cooled whisk in the brown sugar and granulated sugar into the flour until evenly mixed.
- Using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon stir in the cooled butter and vanilla extract until combined. Add in the milk and mix to combine.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Chill for later or eat immediately!
Store airtight in the refrigerator for up to 3 days
Keywords: chocolate chip cookie dough, how to make edible cookie dough