These Soft Sugar Cookies are a copycat Lofthouse Cookie recipe, just like the kind you get at the store!
- 10 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 2/3 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3 1/3 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix the shortening and butter together for 2 minutes on medium speed until smooth. Add in sugar and mix for 1 minute.
- Add in eggs, vanilla, baking powder, and salt and mix until smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Turn the mixer to low and mix in the flour until just combined.
- Using a medium (2- tablespoon) cookie scoop, drop dough on the prepared baking sheet 2- inches apart.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the edges just start to get golden.
- Allow to cool on baking sheet for 3 minutes and then transfer to wire rack to continue cooling.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix the butter and powdered sugar together. Mixture will look like course sand.
- Slowly add in milk and vanilla and mix for 2 minutes until smooth and fluffy.
- Tint the frosting with a few drops of food coloring if desired and spread or pipe onto the cooled cookies.
Store airtight at room temperature for up to 5 days.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 232
- Sugar: 33.4 g
- Sodium: 70.9 mg
- Fat: 9.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 36.3 g
- Protein: 0.8 g
- Cholesterol: 25.6 mg
Keywords: soft sugar cookies, sugar cookie frosting, cookies and cups, easy sugar cookie recipe