This is such an easy Tex-Mex inspired dinner idea. The prep time is 5 minutes if you have your chicken cooked!
- 4 cups cubed or shredded chicken, cooked
- 1 (10- ounce) can Ro-Tel, undrained
- 1 cup instant rice, uncooked
- 2 cups grated Colby Jack cheese, divided
- 1 (10.75- ounce) can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup canned corn, drained
- optional – 1/2 cup black beans, drained
- optional garnish – sprinkle with chopped cilantro or parsley
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly coat a 9×9 baking dish with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the chicken, Ro-Tel, rice, 1 1/2 cups grated Colby Jack cheese, Cream of Chicken soup, taco seasoning, milk, corn, and black beans if using. Stir to combine.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan, sprinkle with remaining cheese and cover tightly with foil. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and allow to sit for 5 minutes before serving.
Store airtight in the refrigerator for up to 3 days
Keywords:: cookies and cups, chicken recipe, casserole, chicken casserole, fiesta chicken, casserole recipe