makes 16 bars
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- pinch of nutmeg
- 10 oz mini marshmallows
- 3 cups krispy rice cereal
- 3 cups French Toast Granola (or Vanilla Granola)
- Line a 9×9 pan with foil and spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan on medium heat melt butter. Once it is melted continuously swirl the pan as the butter cooks. It will begin to brown, this will take about 5 minutes. Once the butter starts to brown watch it carefully, removing it from the heat as soon as it gets to be a deep golden brown color.
- With the butter off the heat stir in the maple syrup and nutmeg.
- Lower stove temperature to low, put pan back on burner and add in marshmallows, stirring until they are melted. Once marshmallows are melted, remove from heat.
- Stir in cereal and granola, coating evenly with marshmallow mixture.
- Pour into prepared pan, pressing evenly.
- Allow to cool at least 15 minutes before cutting into squares.
If you can’t find the French Toast Granola, just sub in a Vanilla granola.
Store airtight at room temperature for up to 2 days