Frosting Filled Chocolate Chip Cookies are such a fun cookie recipe! A surprise of sprinkles & frosting are waiting on the inside!
- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tablespoons sprinkles
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 3/4 cup flour
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup sprinkles
- Mix the butter, powdered sugar, water and vanilla together in bowl with mixer until smooth. Add in sprinkles and mix until combined.
- Roll frosting into balls using 1 teaspoon of mixture each. Place on a lined pan and freeze for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone mat and set aside.
- Mix the butter and sugar together for 2 minutes on medium speed in the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Add in egg and vanilla and continue mixing until smooth, scraping sides as needed. Add in baking soda and salt and mix until combined.
- Add in flour and stir until just combined.
- Finally stir in chocolate chips and sprinkles.
- Scoop out about 2 1/2 tablespoons of cookie dough for each cookie. Form dough around frozen ball of frosting making sure to cover frosting completely and roll into a ball. Place on baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes. Remove when edges begin to golden.
- Transfer to wire rack.
I enjoy these best served warm!
store airtight for up to 3 days
This recipe was originally written using vegetable shortening in the frosting instead of butter. You can still do that, but after repeat testing, I have found that butter works just as well and tastes better!
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 254
- Sugar: 25 g
- Sodium: 127.1 mg
- Fat: 12.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 34.8 g
- Protein: 2.8 g
- Cholesterol: 32.7 mg
Keywords: chocolate chip cookie recipe, best chocolate chip cookies, frosting filled cookies