This sweet and chocolaty Fudgy Marshmallow Popcorn is air-popped popcorn coated in homemade fudge with chewy marshmallows everywhere. Prepare to be addicted!
- 1/2 cup unpopped popcorn kernels
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup Marshmallow Creme
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- Line a large half-sheet baking pan, or 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Air-pop the popcorn using a popcorn maker into a large bowl. Set this aside also.
- In a heavy-bottomed pot combine the evaporated milk, butter and sugar. On medium heat bring the mixture to a boil and let it boil for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Watch the pot carefully, as the mixture will bubble up a bit.
- Immediately remove the mixture from the heat and stir in the marshmallow creme, chocolate chips and the vanilla until it’s smooth.
- Pour the mixture on top of the popcorn and stir to coat. Add the marshmallows into the bowl and continue stirring until they are coated in the chocolate as well.
- Spread the popcorn out onto the prepared pan(s) and allow the chocolate to set up either at room temperature or in the refrigerator.
- Serve immediately or store airtight for up to 2 days.
- Serving Size: 1 Scoop
- Calories: 274
- Sugar: 47.9 g
- Sodium: 77.5 mg
- Fat: 6.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 52.2 g
- Protein: 2.5 g
- Cholesterol: 3 mg
Keywords: chocolate popcorn, chocolate covered popcorn, chocolate covered popcorn recipe, how to make chocolate popcorn