This sweet and chocolaty Fudgy Marshmallow Popcorn is airpopped popcorn coated in homemade fudge with chewy marshmallows everywhere. Prepare to be addicted!
Let’s just get this out of the way. This popcorn is ridiculous. Like really. It’s literally popcorn coated in fudge. There might seriously be something wrong with my brain.
Anyway I kinda thought it was time to get on back to my roots and serve you up some supremely trashy snack food. Because I have convinced myself that stuff like this and this is classy? I have no idea.
I will warn you though, this fudgy popcorn is one of those snacks that you will eat a handful of and think, “that was super good”… but then think, “that was also really strange…fudge and marshmallows and popcorn…” THEN you’ll be like, “did I REALLY like it? Let me have more just to make sure” and THENNN 35 handfuls later you’re like, “ok, I liked it and now there’s none left”.
Also, “I have a toothache.”
So basically what I’m saying is make it, you’ll like it.
All you do is pop a big old bowl of popcorn…
Boil together some evaporated milk, butter and sugar. Then add in some chocolate chips and marshmallow creme!
Pour it all over the popcorn…
Stir it up, add some more mini marshmallows (if you want) and then stir it some more, so every last piece is coated in fudge.
I mean, really. Look at that tray of fudgy popcorn.
Let it set up at room temperature, which takes about an hour-ish…
It will be sticky at first, but when it sets it’ll be dry to the touch so you can eat it without getting chocolate all over your hands… not that there’s anything wrong with that!
- 1/2 cup unpopped popcorn kernels
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup Marshmallow Creme
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- Line a large half-sheet baking pan, or 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Air-pop the popcorn using a popcorn maker into a large bowl. Set this aside also.
- In a heavy-bottomed pot combine the evaporated milk, butter and sugar. On medium heat bring the mixture to a boil and let it boil for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Watch the pot carefully, as the mixture will bubble up a bit.
- Immediately remove the mixture from the heat and stir in the marshmallow creme, chocolate chips and the vanilla until it’s smooth.
- Pour the mixture on top of the popcorn and stir to coat. Add the marshmallows into the bowl and continue stirring until they are coated in the chocolate as well.
- Spread the popcorn out onto the prepared pan(s) and allow the chocolate to set up either at room temperature or in the refrigerator.
- Serve immediately or store airtight for up to 2 days.