This German Chocolate Cream Cheese Snack Cake is such a simple and delicious treat! Cut it into into cake bars for the perfect party dessert!
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (18.25 oz) box German Chocolate Cake
- 4 eggs, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 (8 oz) block cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Spread chopped pecans on baking sheet and bake for 2-3 minutes until lightly brown. Remove from oven immediately.
- Reduce oven temperature to 300°
- Spray a 9×13 pan lightly with cooking spray
- In large bowl combine cake mix, melted butter, 1 egg and toasted pecans. Batter will be thick. Press into prepared pan.
- In mixing bowl combine cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla and remaining 3 eggs and beat until smooth. Add in coconut and stir until incorporated.
- Spread cream cheese mixture on top of the cake batter.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes.
- Let cool completely before cutting into squares.
Keywords:: german chocolate cake recipe, german chocolate cake, german chocolate cake frosting, german chocolate cake icing, cream cheese cake, cream cheese cake recipe, cake bars