These Gingerbread Cupcakes with White Chocolate Pudding Frosting are to die for! The cupcakes are so soft and filled with all the glorious gingerbread flavors. And don’t even get me started on the incredibly tasty frosting!
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 cup butter (4 Tbsp), room temp
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup very hot water
- 1 box white chocolate instant pudding (3.5 oz box – 4 servings)
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 8 oz tub Cool Whip, thawed
- Preheat oven to 350° and line muffin tin with cupcake liners..
- In bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Set aside.
- With your mixer, beat butter, brown sugar, and molasses together until creamy and smooth.
- Add egg and mix well.
- Turn mixer to low and alternately add the dry mixture and water, starting and ending with dry mixture. Mix until smooth.
- Fill liners 2/3 full and bake 18-20 minutes.
- Cool completely before frosting.
- In stand mixer beat cream cheese until smooth and light, 1-2 minutes.
- Add in pudding mix, milk and powdered sugar, beating until blended and thickened, about 2 minutes. Fold in the Cool Whip until evenly incorporated.
- Chill frosting for an hour before frosting cupcakes to firm.
Keywords:: gingerbread cupcakes, gingerbread recipe, easy gingerbread recipe, gingerbread cake recipe, best christmas dessert, christmas dessert recipe, white chocolate frosting