This recipe makes enough pourable frosting to cover 12 medium sized cookies
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp milk
- In a bowl combine milk and powdered sugar. Consistency should be that of thick syrup.
- Stir until there are no lumps.
- Add food coloring, if desired.
- Let icing rest for 5 minutes to allow for air bubbles to rise to the top.
- Give the icing a gentle stir to break up any air bubbles that formed.
- Pour over cookie or cake and allow to set up for 6 hours to overnight until completely dry.