My Glazed Butter Pecan Cookies are flavored with butterscotch and topped with a sweet vanilla glaze brimming with crunchy pecans, for the ultimate melt-in-your-mouth, buttery bite!
- 3/4 cups butterscotch chips
- 3/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 325F°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place the butterscotch chips in a blender and pulverize them to a coarse powder. Set them aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment beat the butter, powdered sugar, and salt together until smooth, 1-2 minutes. Add in the blended butterscotch chips and mix until incorporated.
- Turn the mixer to low and add in the flour until combined. The mixture will be dry.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon of the dough out and roll it into a ball. Place on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with all the dough, spacing the balls about 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Bake the cookies for 17-20 minutes until lightly golden at the edges.
- Remove from the oven and transfer them to a wire rack to cool.
- Mix the powdered sugar, vanilla, and milk together with a whisk.
- Add in the pecans. Top each cookie with about 1 tablespoon of the glaze.
- Allow the glaze to set up before serving.
- You can glaze the cookies warm or cool. I like to glaze them when they are completely cooled because the glaze won’t melt off as much. If you glaze them warm you will have a much thinner glaze on the cookie.
Keywords: pecan cookies, pecan shortbread cookies, butterscotch cookies