This Grilled Huli Huli Chicken is the perfect summertime meal! Prepared with tender and juicy chicken thighs marinated in a sweet and spicy teriyaki-style sauce. Serve this Hawaiian chicken with grilled pineapple and rice!
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 3 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, excess fat trimmed
- Optional – pineapple slices
- In a medium bowl mix together the marinade ingredients: pineapple juice, soy sauce, ketchup, brown sugar, red pepper flakes, garlic, ginger, and sesame oil.
- Place the chicken thighs in a large zip-top bag or bowl and pour the marinade on top, coating all the chicken. Marinate the chicken in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Remove the chicken 30 minutes before grilling. Heat the grill to medium high. Grill the chicken on each side for 6 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- If desired, grill the pineapple slices for 2 minutes on the hot grill. Serve with the chicken.
Store airtight in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Keywords: grilled chicken recipe, hawaiian chicken