makes about 3 cups of Fluff
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Combine sugar, corn syrup, water and salt in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Boil together until a candy thermometer reads 240°.
- While mixture is boiling beat 2 egg whites and cream of tartar together until soft peaks form.
- When syrup is ready, turn mixer onto low and drizzle the syrup along the side of the bowl slowly combining it into the egg whites.
- When all the syrup has been added, sprinkle in all the spices and turn mixer up to medium high and beat for 7-8 minutes until thick and glossy. When there is about one minute left add in the vanilla.
- Use immediately or transfer to an airtight container.
store in an airtight container in refrigerator for up to 5 days.
recipe for Fluff adapted from Marshmallow Madness