This Homemade Graham Crackers recipe is way better than anything you’ll get from a box. Sweet, crisp and buttery – they’ll be your favorite afternoon snack!
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4-cup granulated sugar
1. Make the dough: In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix the butter and brown sugar together for 2 minutes, until combined. Add in the vanilla, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and mix for 30 seconds until evenly incorporated. Turn the mixer to low and add in the flours and milk in alternating portions, beginning and ending with the flour. Mix until combined. Dough will be thick.
2. Chill: Form the dough into a ball and flatten into a disk. Wrap the disk in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
3. Shape the crackers. When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough out to 1/8-inch thickness. Using a knife, or pizza cutter, cut into 3.5×2.5- inch rectangles.
4. Bake. Sprinkle the granulated sugar evenly onto the pieces, pressing lightly into the dough. Prick the dough with a fork to create the store-bought look. Place onto the prepared baking sheet 1/2- inch apart. Bake for 9-11 minutes until the edges are lightly golden. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Store airtight at room temperature for up to 5 days.
Keywords:: graham crackers recipe, how to make graham crackers, homemade graham crackers, easy snack idea