This Homemade Graham Crackers recipe is way better than anything you’ll get from a box. Sweet, crisp and buttery – they’ll be your favorite afternoon snack!
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4-cup granulated sugar
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix the butter and brown sugar together for 2 minutes, until combined.
- Add in the vanilla, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and mix for 30 seconds until evenly incorporated.
- Turn the mixer to low and add in the flours and milk in alternating portions, beginning and ending with the flour. Mix until combined. Dough will be thick.
- Form the dough into a ball and flatten into a disk. Wrap the disk in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough out to 1/8-inch thickness. Using a knife, or pizza cutter, cut into 3.5×2.5- inch rectangles.
- Sprinkle the granulated sugar evenly onto the pieces, pressing lightly into the dough. Prick the dough with a fork to create the store-bought look.
- Place onto the prepared baking sheet 1/2- inch apart. Bake for 9-11 minutes until the edges are lightly golden.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Store airtight at room temperature for up to 5 days.
Keywords:: graham crackers recipe, how to make graham crackers, homemade graham crackers, easy snack idea