This is a simple dish, a little sweet, a little spicy and packed with flavor that takes about 20 minutes to make from start to finish!
2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry ground mustard
Honey Chipotle Sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup adobo sauce, from a can of chipotles in adobo
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 chipotle peppers from the same can of chipotles in adobo, chopped
2 tablespoons olive oil
optional – cilantro or parsley to garnish
- Trim the excess fat from the chicken thighs and pat dry.
- In a small bowl mix all the dry rub ingredients together. Coat the chicken with the dry rub and set aside.
- In a medium bowl mix together all the ingredients for the Honey Chipotle sauce. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet to high heat. Place chicken into the heated skillet and cook for 4-5 minutes until the chicken has a nice browned color on one side. Flip the chicken and turn the heat down to medium and continue cooking for 7-8 minutes, or until the chicken os cooked through.
- Turn the heat down to low and drizzle the Honey Chipotle Sauce on top of the chicken. Allow the sauce to cook for 2-3 minutes until slightly thickened. Flip the chicken over int he sauce, so both sides get coated.
- Garnish with cilantro or parsley if desired. Serve immediately.
You can use chicken breasts in place of the thighs if you prefer.
If you don’t love Adobo Sauce you can sub in BBQ sauce in its place and omit the chipotle peppers.