- juice of 2 lemons
- juice of 2 limes
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature (I used Challenge Butter)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper, optional
- Whisk all marinade ingredients together. Place chicken in a zip-top bag and pour marinade on top. Marinate for at least 3 hours.
- Combine all the butter ingredients in a small bowl and using a fork combine evenly. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- When ready remove chicken from the refrigerator. Preheat your grill to medium high heat. Grill chicken for 6-7 minutes on each side, depending on the thickness of your chicken.
- Remove from grill and serve with a pat of basil butter on each chicken breast.