- Single crust Pie crust (I used one of the rolled kind you find in the biscuit section of the supermarket) OR make your own..which ever you prefer.
- Cinnamon sugar (2Tbsp. sugar + 2 tsp. cinnamon combined) DIVIDED into 2 equal amounts
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- 1/2 cup butter divided
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp water
- another 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp light corn syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla (divided)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cream of tarter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups flour
Cream Cheese Glaze
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk (you can adjust amounts based on the consistency you prefer)
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Prepare pie crust and line 9-inch pie plate.
- Brush 2 Tbsp melted butter over crust.
- Sprinkle with 1 portion of cinnamon sugar (1 Tbsp sugar + 1 tsp cinnamon)
- For syrup, in saucepan combine brown sugar, 1/4 cup butter, the water, corn syrup, and 1/4 tsp. cinnamon. Heat to boiling over medium heat, stirring to dissolve sugar. Boil gently for 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in 1 tsp. vanilla. Set aside.
- In mixing bowl beat remaining 1/4 cup butter with mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds. Beat in granulated sugar, powdered sugar, baking powder, salt, and cream of tartar until well combined. Beat in egg and the other teaspoon of vanilla. Gradually beat in milk until combined. Beat in flour. Spread evenly in crust-lined pie plate.
- Slow pour syrup over the filling in pie plate. Sprinkle with remaining cinnamon-sugar mixture (1 Tbsp + 1 tsp) Cover edges of pie with foil.
- Bake pie 20 minutes; carefully remove foil.
- Bake about 15 – 20 minutes more or until top is puffed and golden brown, and a toothpick inserted 2″ from edge comes out clean.
- Do not over cook!
- When pie is cooled drizzle you glaze over the top, or if you prefer leave the glaze off and serve with vanilla ice cream.