This Instant Pot Chicken Piccata can be made in the skillet as well!
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless chicken breasts, trimmed (6 breasts)
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour plus 1 tablespoon, divided
- 2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cooking sherry
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 ounces capers, drained
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- lemon slices for garnish
- Place 1/2 cup flour and 1 teaspoon salt in a large zip-top bag.
- Place the chicken breasts in the bag and shake to coat in flour. Shake off any excess flour and transfer to a plate.
- Heat your Instant Pot to saute for 30 minutes. When the pot comes to temperature coat the bottom of the pot with olive oil. Working 2 pieces at a time brown the chicken breasts on both sides. When browned, transfer to a clean plate.
- When all the chicken is browned add the garlic to the pot and cook until softened (about 1 minute) stirring constantly. Add in the chicken broth, lemon juice, sherry, basil and oregano. Add the chicken back to the pot and nestle into the liquid. Top with the capers.
- Place the lid on the pot and set to pressure cook on high for 10 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking mix together the sour cream and remaining 1 tablespoon of flour in a separate bowl. Set aside.
- When the 10 minutes is up release the pressure and remove the chicken from the pot placing on a serving platter.
- Whisk in the sour cream to the liquid and cook for 1 minute. The liquid will be very hot, you don’t need to heat the pot.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and serve warm over pasta if desired.
Optional Skillet Directions:
Follow all the directions for the Instant Pot, except brown the chicken in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Continue steps with garlic and adding the liquid to the skillet. Nestle the chicken back in the skillet, top with capers and cover the skillet. Turn the heat down to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Follow the remaining instructions as directed above.
adapted from food.com
Keywords:: chicken recipe, instant pot, skillet recipe, instant pot recipe, chicken piccata, lemon, easy chicken recipe