makes approx 24 cookies
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Key Lime Juice
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 3 Tbsp Key Lime juice
- Combine flour, powdered sugar, salt and cornstarch in a bowl, set aside.
- Beat butter until smooth. Slowly add in dry ingredients and key lime juice. Mix until dough just comes together.
- Divide dough in half and shape each half into 10 inch logs.
- Wrap them in cling wrap and chill for at least 2 hours.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350° and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove dough from fridge and cut into 1/4″ slices with a sharp knife.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes until cookies are set and edges just start to brown.
- Cool on a wire rack completely before glazing.
- Combine powdered sugar, lime zest and lime juice in a medium bowl and stir until smooth.
- Spoon a teaspoon of glaze on each cookie and gently spread around until cookie is coated.
- Let glaze set, approx 30 minutes.
recipe adapted from Land O’ Lakes
Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Cookies are very tender because of the high cornstarch content, so handle carefully.