These homemade Key Lime Pie Ice Cream Sandwiches are a super easy summertime dessert! You’ll love this tasty and refreshing ice cream sandwich recipe!
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream, separated
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 cup Key Lime juice
- 1 Tbsp Lime zest
- approx 12 full graham crackers, broken in half to create 12 sandwiches
- In stand mixer with whisk attachment whip 2 cups heavy cream and sugar until stiff peaks form, approx 2 minutes.
- Turn speed to low and pour in sweetened condensed milk. Turn speed up to medium high and beat 1 minute.
- Finally add lime juice, remaining cup of cream and and zest and beat approx 1 more minute on medium-high.
- Pour mixture into freezer-safe container and freeze for 5-6 hours until almost frozen.
- Spread about 1/4 cup mixture on top of 1 graham cracker at a time, topping with the other half of the cracker. Wrap in cling wrap and put back in freezer. Repeat process until all sandwiches are made.
- Freeze 2 hours more, or overnight.
- Serve frozen
You don’t have to individually wrap each sandwich, you could store them together in a large container, if desired.
If you make the ice cream a day ahead leave on counter until it’s softened enough to spread on the graham crackers. Do not microwave.
Keywords:: ice cream sandwiches recipe, homemade ice cream sandwiches, how to make homemade ice cream, how to make ice cream recipe, homemade ice cream, homemade ice cream recipe